We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to gather statistical data about user browsing actions and patterns. This does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
If you would like to 'opt out' of the cookies set by our site, this can be done on a cookie-by-cookie basis subject to browser settings. You may limit site operation or functions if you limit the cookies.
Security of data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping. We will keep customer data details on file for a minimum of six months or as required for business accountancy purposes. Information is stored on a secure server and in secured storage facilities at our company offices.
We may use the information to improve our products and services. Where you have expressly consented to be contacted for such purposes, we may:
- periodically send promotional literature and emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the postal and/or email address that you have provided.
- contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- contact you via email, postal address or telephone to carry out our obligations arising from the legitimate business interest of any contracts entered into between you and us.
- contact you to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
- contact you to notify you about changes to our service.
Controlling your personal information
For the purposes of commerce and e-commerce customer data is collected and used as part of the contract of sale, ie for delivery and payment purposes. Customer data includes name, company name, postal address, email address, telephone and mobile phone numbers.
From time to time we would like to send our customers marketing information via post, email and phone about special offers and updates and information about our business and the products we stock. You have the option to receive or refuse this information and to opt out of receiving communications in the future.
The option to receive or refuse to receive this information will be available when you become a customer and complete new customer information either online or via our sales team.
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the option to choose to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed with us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Data Protection Officer, Fairfield Care, Unit 3 Hudson Road, Elms Industrial Estate, Bedford MK41 0LZ or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org You will also be able to unsubscribe to any email marketing communications that you receive.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection Officer, Fairfield Care, Unit 3 Hudson Road, Elms Industrial Estate, Bedford MK41 0LZ. We will ensure that you receive a reply from us within 30 days, free of charge.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact our Data Protection Officer as soon as possible at Fairfield Care, Unit 3 Hudson Road, Elms Industrial Estate, Bedford MK41 0LZ or email email@example.com
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.